Makes 1 colour changing Unicorn Magarita
- 100ml Sparkling water
- 45ml Tequila
- 15ml Triple sec
- 22ml Lime juice
- Butterfly pea flower syrup
- Blue Ice cubes
- Mint to garnish
- Mix 2 heaping tsp butterfly pea flower powder in 2 cups of boiling water until the powder has dissolved completely. Set 60ml aside, pour the rest into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- With the 60ml of butterfly pea flower water add equal parts of sugar (about 1/4 cup) and heat on stove top to create a syrup. Allow to cool before using.
- Use your lime juice to moisten the rim of your glass before turning upside down into salt.
- In a cocktail shaker combine the blue ice cubes, tequila, triple sec, salt and butterfly pea syrup. Shake vigorously.
- strain into your cocktail glass of choice and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with mint sprig.
- Just before serving slowly pour the remainder of lime juice on top and watch the colour change!